Lending is the MOST crucial part of being ready to win in this competitive market
When buying a house in our very seller-favored market, it is essential that we are able to convince the listing agent (and therefore the seller), that our financing is as solid as it can get! The #1 reason that home sales fail to close is financing. When you work with the right lender, and make sure the listing agent understands how capable your lender is, you can help alleviate the sellers fear of YOUR financing falling apart.
The right lender will be able to do the following for you:
- Take the time, either in-person, over the phone or via email, to explain to you mortgage application process.
- Help you understand your personal situation and what loans would be a good fit for you.
- Guide you through the entire, extensive mortgage application process to make sure that the underwriter has a comprehensive and complete understanding of your financial position.
- Be available to you (via text, call or email) when you have questions about the process.
- Be able to get you a pre-approval letter on short notice once you find the home you want to put an offer in on.
- Write a compelling email to the listing agent outlining your strengths as a borrower and make follow-up phone calls.
Bottom line. You need a lender to advocate for you. To educate you. To have a reputation in the real estate industry that is strong and will make your offer more appealing than others with less known or less respected lenders.
Did you know that the catcher is quite possibly the most important player on a baseball team? They don’t often get a lot of press, attention, or make the big bucks, but the success of the entire team can be made or broken by the catcher. Working with the right lender is like having a baseball team with the best catcher in the league. It can be the one thing that makes or breaks you getting into your dream home.