Prices Went Down for Single Family and UP for Condos.
A look at Single Family Homes:
- Average sales price = $656,748
- Down 2.2% from last month
- Up 12% from August 2016
- Median Sales Price = $718,500
- Down 1.5% from July
- Average Days on Market = 13
- Up from 12 days last month
- Homes sold for 105% of list price
- Same as July
- 722 homes sold in Seattle in March
- Up 4% from July
- Up 10% from August 2017
A look at condos:
- Average sales price = $485,289
- Up $1,593 from July (less than 1%)
- An increase of 4.8% from August 2016
- Median Sales Price = $471,000
- Up 2% from July
- Average Days on Market = 11
- same as last month
- Condos sold for 107% of list price
- Up from 106% last month
- 265 condos sold in Seattle in August
- 23% fewer condos than sold this time last year
- 8% more condos sold than last month
Single family prices down for two months in a row…. Hmmm. Yet single family homes are still up 12% from this time last year.
Condo prices back up. Nothing noteworthy with that, condo prices fluctuate a lot more than single family prices do.
With September being, historically, the highest volume home sales month of the year, I will wait until we can look at the September sales data until I make a prediction of we are finally stabilizing in prices or if we just saw a seasonal slump.