I know… I know… No one wants to spend time and money on boring old repairs. You would much rather spend that money on new kitchens or trips to Hawaii.
I have news for you, sweet homeowners (and condo owners). These are the few repairs that you really DON’T want to put off.
- Electrical issues. These issues can cause fire and death. Death. Any electrical issue should be at the top of your list of things to fix. Some common electrical issues are:
- Loose outlets or outlets with only 2 prongs.
- Circuit breakers that frequently trip.
- Lights that dim when you use high-powered appliances.
- Infestations. Bugs. Spiders. Mice. Raccoons. Bees. In my day, I’ve seen almost all of it and more. These pests can literally destroy your home and your health and need to be professionally evicted as soon as possible.
- Gutters and Roofs. Leaks, mold, roof collapses and more. Clogged or missing gutters can allow all of our Seattle rain to ruin the foundation of your home, and deteriorated roofs can cause leaks, structural issues and express lanes for critters to enter your home.
- Exterior Walls. Do you have cracked, chipped or peeling paint? Some siding that is damaged or missing? These issues need to be resolved right away to help preserve the remaining siding and keep moisture from intruding into you home.