Perched high above the street, this 1937 Tudor seems to have emerged from a fairy tale.
2301 Delmar Dr. E. Seattle, WA 98102
Listed at $815,000
Walking through the front door you are greeted by barrel ceilings, arched doorways, vintage hardware, and original hardwood floors. Corner windows allow tons of natural light in, as well as let you soak up all the natural beauty that surrounds the home. The lush landscape features rolling blooms that cover the yard in color from early Spring to late Fall.
The main level boasts two bedrooms, a full bathroom and an updated kitchen. With a Sub-Zero fridge, granite counter-tops and an oversized eating nook, this kitchen is as dreamy as the rest of the home. The home sits at the base of Interlaken Park, and the private backyard oasis has a patio with a hot tub, brick outdoor fireplace and a dog run.
The basement is fully finished and has great Mother-In-Law or AirBnB potential. It has it’s own exterior entrance, a non-conforming bedroom, a 3/4 bath and a recently updated kitchenette.
– Full sprinkler system in yard
– Hot tub with built-in speakers
– Outdoor brick fireplace
– Fully fenced dog run
– Custom built shed
– Stainless appliances
– Charming built-ins
– Hardwood floors
– Wood burning fireplace
Why I LOVED Living Here:
- I love the beauty, character, and charm of this 1937 storybook home.
- I love the beauty of essentially living in an urban forest.
- I love the comfort, coziness, and privacy of the home.
- I love being able to watch the activity of the squirrels and birds in the yard.
- I love knowing that during the spring and summer, every few days a new splash of color will bloom somewhere in the yard.
- I love having neighbors that enjoy block parties and deliver goodies to my doorstep during the holidays.
- I love being able to have ample off-the-street parking, to the envy of many of the neighbors.
- I love living a short 15-minute drive to everything; Capitol Hill, Downtown, UW, Bellevue, Northgate, Ballard, etc.
- I love, when the mood strikes, being able to take a 5-minute walk to coffee, pizza, Mexican, Thai, pub food, and Montlake Market.
- I love that Montlake is an active and socially involved neighborhood, with a strong sense of community.
- After a hard day at work, I love soaking in the spa, amidst the beautiful trees and festive lights.
- I love relaxing on the deck, in front of the fire, with a glass of wine and a few good friends.
- I love walking the dogs to Montlake Playfield, where there’s plenty of room for them to run and play.
The Fine Print:
- 3 bedroom/1.75 bath
- 1780 sq/ft
- 4,000 sq/ft lot
- Built in 1937
- 2019 annual taxes $6,355
- NWMLS #1417354
- Sold on 4/5/19 for $816,000