From the Front Porch to the Chicken Coop
This Sweet West Seattle Craftsman Inspires Life at a Different Pace
4031 39th Ave SW Seattle, WA 98122
MLS# 1479733 Listed at $600,000
Birds chirp and the breeze brushes your check. The lemonade is cold and the view never gets old. The Peaceful Porch has an undeniable grace and appeal about her.
Blocks from all the best West Seattle has to offer, this home feels like a retreat from the bustle of the city and a gateway to an easier way of life.
From the big windows to the original hardwood floors, the charm of this house winks at you from every angle. If you can pull yourself away from your seat on the front porch, you can easily get lost in the tranquility of the urban garden. Raised beds overflow with dozens of varieties of your favorite foods. Fresh lettuce and herbs and strawberries and tomatoes, it’s easy to create a delicious meal with the bounty from your own garden.
The comedic clucks draw you to the chicken coop. These sweet birds deliver both fresh eggs and laughable antics, bringing a distinct joy and life to this already vibrant garden and outdoor space.
When the weather turns cool or damp, the large living room invites you back inside as you warm up by the double sided fireplace. Weekend projects are a breeze in the large, unfinished basement complete with ample power, lighting and work spaces.
For a peaceful life in a home that’s close to it all but just far enough away, this sweet house is the perfect place to build a lifetime of happy memories.
– Stainless Steel Appliances
– Corian counter-tops
– Gas Fireplace
– Detached garage with power – perfect for electric vehicle
– New electrical and plumbing – both fully permitted!
– 95% high efficiency boiler
– 200 AMP electrical panel
– Deluxe chicken coop
– Urban edible garden with raised garden beds and drip irrigation system
– Original windows open top-down OR bottom-up
– Heated towel rack in bathroom
– Brazilian walnut front stairs and porch
– Radiant heated floors
Why I LOVED Living Here:
– The front porch is perfect, rain or shine. Watching the sun rise over the mountains every morning while sitting on the porch drinking coffee is like nutrition for the soul. (Only advanced practitioners of awe should apply. )
– The large amount of space in the basement and attic have allowed us many kinds of craft/woodworking/hobby spaces
– The neighborhood is so quiet. Sometimes I forget I’m in the city. Especially when working in the garden or enjoying an evening on the porch.
– Warm floors from the radiant floor heat is such a luxury in winter. The towel warmer in the bathroom keeps towels soft and dry and so nice after a shower.
– The Urban Edible garden.
– The garden beds grow Everything we plant in them state-fair huge. The beds are three feet high so you don’t have to bend over to garden tend to the veggies. The gardens smells of jasmine and honeysuckle flowers in the summer. The chickens are really funny.
About the Neighborhood:
The Fine Print:
– 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
– 1,090 square feet (finished)
– 1,920 square feet total
– 5,750 square foot lot
– 2019 annual taxes $5,212
– Detached garage