Lucky Duck = Lucky YOU
Have you always wanted to spend a month or two living the houseboat lifestyle? Want the ultimate Seattle experience without the hassle and expense of buying a houseboat? Then come rent the Lucky Duck for a month or two.
Highlights of the Houseboat:
- Abundant windows for great year-round natural light
- Queen-sized Tuft and Needle mattress (new in November 2018)
- Built-in storage throughout
- End slip gives great privacy and offers stunning views
- Upper deck ideal for hosting the ultimate summer parties
- Open concept living/dining/kitchen
- Fully stocked kitchen with small appliances, plates, cups, pots and pans.
- Dining room table with seating for four.
- Quick walk to South Lake Union and Fremont
- Zone permit parking pass available
- Pet friendly marina and dog friendly houseboat
This sweet houseboat was my full-time home from 2011 to early 2018.
“Why I LOVED Living Here”
- The waterslide! Nothing beats a trip down the waterslide on a sunny Seattle day.
- The views. From the Seattle skyline to sweeping lake views to Gasworks park. These are my favorite views in town.
- The Natural Light. With all these windows, it felt light, bright and happy in here even on the gloomiest day
- 4th of July. This is THE place to be on the 4th of July, and has the perfect location for optimal fireworks viewing. I’ll miss my annual 4th of July party. And so will my friends 🙂
- The neighbors. This marina really is a community, and I already miss all the great people that live on this dock.
- The location. Just a 15 minute walk to South Lake Union, and a 20 minute walk to downtown or Fremont. I would hop the #40 bus to fly down to the baseball games or up to Northgate. This location was so easy to get to almost anywhere from.
- The Ultimate Seattle Lifestyle. Not many people get to live on a houseboat, and it was a life-changing experience, and it will always be some of my fondest memories.
- Morning coffee on the front porch. Rain or shine, I drank my first cup of coffee on the porch. I would stare out at the lake, greet the ducks, watch the crew teams row by and ease into my day in the most wonderful way.
Rental Rates and Terms:
- Rates change seasonally. They are as follows:
- Winter (November 1st to February 28th) = $2,500 per 30 day period
- Spring (March 1st to May 31st) = $3,250 per 30 day period
- Summer and Fall (June 1st to October 31) = $4,000 per 30 day period
- Lease must be a minimum of 30 days. Both the City of Seattle and the marina do NOT allow me to rent this houseboat for a duration less than 30 days, so please do not ask about terms less than 30 days.
- Fully refundable deposit of $2,000 plus $200 cleaning fee due upon signing of lease
- Applicants will be screened using E-renter. Screening Criteria is:
- FICO Credit score of at least 671
- Monthly income must be at least twice the rental amount
- Pass identity verification and other E-renter screening criteria
- Application fee is $34.95 per applicant and paid by the applicant directly to E-renter